Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
Material: Low carbon steel (Q195, Q235)
Packing: Roll packing (50-800 kg per coil)
Zinc coating: 30-265 g/㎡
Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
Hot dipped galvanized wire with thick zinc coating provides excellent corrosion resistance and high tensile strength. It is widely used in construction, binding wire, making wire mesh or fence or netting, handicrafts, etc. Wanzhi Steel offers galvanized steel wire with a diameter of 0.3-5.5 mm. And the highest amount of zinc can reach up to 240 g per square meter. Also, we will offer custom solutions according to your requirements. Welcome to contact us for details!
Specifications of Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
|Material||Low carbon steel (Q195, Q235)|
|Zinc Coating||30-265 g/m2 or can be customized|
|Wire Diameter||0.45-5.5 mm|
|Tensile Strength||350-1000 N/mm2|
|Packaging||50-800 kg in coil or can be customized|
|Features||Excellent corrosion resistance, bright and silver surface, high tensile strength, etc.|
|Packaging||Inner plastic and outer woven bag packaging|
1. Galvanized wires are widely used as tie wire or binding wire for packaging or supporting wire;
2. Making ropes, springs, nets, electrodes, nails, transmission cables;
3. Manufacturing wire mesh, fencing, wire mesh screen, highway guardrail, netting, etc.
1. Strong corrosion resistance
2. High tensile strength
3. Excellent toughness and flexibility
4. Long service life
5. Bright and silver surface
What Is Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire?
Hot-dip galvanized steel wire is made of low carbon steel. Then it is immersed into high-temperature zinc solution. The zinc layer thickness is 40-240 μm. But it is not uniform enough. As the zinc coating is thicker, the better the corrosion resistance. Hot galvanized products are widely used in the chemical industry, marine or shipbuilding industry, etc. Below let’s review the making process.
Hot Dipped Galvanizing Wire Process
Hot dipped galvanized wire uses high-quality low carbon steel wire as raw material. The production process is as follows:
Steel rod coil – Wire drawing – Annealing – Rust removing – Pickling – Galvanizing – Coiling
Hot Dipped Galvanized VS Electro Galvanized Wire
You can find two kinds of galvanized steel wire for sale, namely, hot-dip GI wire and electro-galvanized steel wire. At Wanzhi Steel, we offer both steel wire with electro-galvanized and hot-dip galvanized coatings. Below let’s review their differences.
1. Corrosion resistance. The zinc layer of hot dipped galvanizing is much thicker than electro galvanizing. So hot dip galvanizing wire has better corrosion resistance than electro galvanized one. Electro-galvanized is a physical process in which a layer of zinc is applied to the surface of the wire by electroplating. The thickness of the finished coating is smooth and shiny, but thin. So it is not as durable as the hot-dip galvanized one.
2. Difference appearance. Hot-dip galvanizing wire has a dull and unpleasant finish. While electro galvanized wire has a smooth surface and bright appearance.
3. Difference in price. Hot dip galvanizing is more expensive when compared to electro-galvanizing. But the zinc coating of the former is thicker and the longer the service life. So in the long term, the former one is more cost-effective.
4. Different applications. Because hot-dip galvanizing wire offers superior corrosion resistance, it can be used for any application including harsh or humid environments.
Hot-dip Galvanized Wire Price
The price of hot dip galvanizing wire is from USD 600 to USD 950 per ton. There are many factors that determine the price, especially the wire diameter and zinc coating thickness. Generally, the thicker the zinc coating, the higher the price. Except for the extreme thick or thin wire, the price differs little. As a base material, the lower the price, the higher the profits of finished products. But please do not rely on the price only to avoid being cheated. Besides, the price changes every day. Wanzhi Steel, as a leading manufacturer and supplier of steel wire in China, will offer you a factory price. Welcome to contact us for the latest price now!
Hot-dip GI Wire Manufacturers
There are many hot dip galvanized wire manufacturers all over the world. Some are famous but offer a higher price. While some are not famous enough. They often offer a competitive price without compromising quality, for example, Wanzhi Steel. We have our own factory. Our steel wires are made of high-quality carbon steel. Besides of wire production line, we also have galvanizing and PVC coated production lines. We can customize wire diameter, zinc coating thickness according to your needs. More than that, Wanzhi Steel offers a full service system, which will reply you in 12 hours. If you have any questions, please contact us without hesitation.
Wanzhi Steel is capable of providing galvanized steel wires to our clients all over the world. Hot dip galvanizing wire provides better corrosion resistance than electro galvanized wire. It can be widely used for making handicrafts, wire mesh, packing, and other daily uses, or construction uses. We are known as a leading manufacturer and supplier and trader of galvanized wire and mesh. We offer wire diameter ranges from 0.3 mm to 5.5 mm. The common coil weight is 50 to 300 kg or as per your special requirements. Welcome to contact us for more details!