Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
Material: Low carbon steel (Q195, Q235)
Wire Diameter: 0.5 – 5.0 mm
Packing: Roll packing (50-800 kg per coil)
Zinc coating: 40 – 350 g/㎡ or as per your requirements
Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
Hot dipped galvanized wire with thick zinc coating provides excellent corrosion resistance and high tensile strength. It is widely used in construction, binding wire, making wire mesh or fence or netting, handicrafts, etc. Wanzhi Steel offers galvanized steel wire with a diameter of 0.5-5.0 mm. And the highest amount of zinc can reach up to 300 g per square meter. Also, we will offer custom solutions according to your requirements. Welcome to contact us for details!
Specifications of Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire
|Item||Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire|
|Material||Low carbon steel (Q195, Q235)|
|Zinc Coating||40 – 350 g/m2 or can be customized|
|Wire Diameter||0.5 mm – 5.0 mm|
|Tensile Strength||350 – 550 N/mm2|
|Packaging||1kg – 1,000 kg in coil or can be customized|
|Features||Excellent corrosion resistance, bright and silver surface, high tensile strength, etc.|
|Packaging||Inner plastic and outer woven bag packaging|
1. Galvanized wires are widely used as tie wire or binding wire for packaging or supporting wire; The most common binding wire for construction uses is gauge 22 & gauge 21 wire. It features good flexibility and affordable cost.
2. Making ropes, springs, nets, electrodes, nails, transmission cables, handcrafts;
3. Manufacturing wire mesh, fencing, wire mesh screen, highway guardrail, netting, etc.
Galvanized Wire Gauge Chart
Below is a wire gauge chart for your reference.
|Wire gauge size||SWG(mm)||BWG(mm)||Metric(mm)|
1. Thick zinc layer & strong corrosion resistance
2. High tensile strength
3. Excellent toughness and flexibility
4. Long service life
5. Bright and silver surface
What Is Hot Dipped Galvanized Wire?
Hot-dip galvanized steel wire is made of low-carbon steel. Then it is immersed into a high-temperature zinc solution. The zinc layer thickness is 40-300 μm. But its surface is not uniform enough and dark in color. But the thick zinc layer provides excellent corrosion resistance. That’s why it can last for decades in the outdoor environment. Therefore, hot-dip galvanized products are widely used in the chemical industry, marine or shipbuilding industry, etc. Below let’s review the making process.
Hot Dipped Galvanizing Wire Process
Hot dipped galvanized wire uses high-quality low carbon steel wire as raw material. The production process is as follows:
Steel rod coil – Wire drawing – Annealing – Rust removing – Pickling – Galvanizing – Coiling
Hot Dipped Galvanized VS Electro Galvanized Wire
You can find two kinds of galvanized steel wire for sale, namely, hot-dip GI wire and electro-galvanized steel wire. At Wanzhi Steel, we offer both steel wire with electro-galvanized and hot-dip galvanized coatings. Below let’s review their differences.
1. Zinc layer thickness: The maximum zinc content can reach up to 300 g/m2 for the hot-dipped one; while that of cold galvanized one is only 3-15 g/m2.
2. Corrosion resistance. The hot dip galvanizing wire has better corrosion resistance than the electro galvanized one. Generally, its service life is more than 10 years even in outdoor environment. However, electro-galvanized is a physical process in which a layer of zinc is applied to the surface of the wire by electroplating. The thickness of the finished coating is smooth and shiny, but thin. Generally, it can only last a few months. So it is not as durable as the hot-dip galvanized one.
3. Difference appearance. Hot-dip galvanizing wire has a dull and unpleasant finish. While electro galvanized wire has a smooth surface and bright appearance.
4. Difference in price. Hot dip galvanizing is more expensive when compared to electro-galvanizing. But the zinc coating of the former is thicker and the longer the service life. So in the long term, the former one is more cost-effective.
5. Different applications. Because hot-dip galvanizing wire offers superior corrosion resistance, it can be used for any application including harsh or humid environments. For example, it is an ideal choice for oil processing, marine exploration, shipbuilding, gas transmission, scaffolding, bridge, road guardrail, and other agricultural and construction uses.
Hot-dip Galvanized Wire Price
The price of hot dip galvanizing wire is from USD 600 to USD 950 per ton. There are many factors that determine the price, especially the wire diameter and zinc coating thickness. Generally, the thicker the zinc coating, the higher the price. Except for the extreme thick or thin wire, the price differs little. As a base material, the lower the price, the higher the profits of finished products. But please do not rely on the price only to avoid being cheated. Besides, the price changes every day. Wanzhi Steel, as a leading manufacturer and supplier of steel wire in China, will offer you a factory price. Welcome to contact us for the latest price now!
Hot-dip GI Wire Manufacturers
There are many hot dip galvanized wire manufacturers all over the world. Some are famous but offer a higher price. While some are not famous enough. They often offer a competitive price without compromising quality, for example, Wanzhi Steel. We have our own factory. Our steel wires are made of high-quality carbon steel. Besides of wire production line, we also have galvanizing and PVC coated production lines. We can customize wire diameter, zinc coating thickness according to your needs. More than that, Wanzhi Steel offers a full service system, which will reply you in 12 hours. If you have any questions, please contact us without hesitation.
Wanzhi Steel is capable of providing both hot-dip and electro galvanized steel wires to choose from. The available wire diameter ranges from 0.5 mm to 5.0 mm. Due to the great corrosion resistance, they are widely used for construction, making handicrafts, wire mesh, packing, and other daily uses. Also, Wanzhi Steel a galvanized wire manufacturer and exporter in China, has a factory in Hebei Province. Therefore, we can offer you a competitive price. Welcome to contact us for the latest price here!