Steel Grating Plate
Surface Treatment: Hot-dip galvanizing
Size: Can be customized
Steel Grating Plate
Steel grating plate is made of flat bars and cross bars welded at a certain spacing. These kinds of steel products are often used as gutter covers, platform plates, step plates of steel ladders, and so on. The steel grating produced by Wanzhi Steel is hot-dip galvanized, which can prevent oxidation. In addition, this kind of steel plate has strong pressure resistance and is very convenient to transport. Welcome to read more details about it!
Steel Grating Sizes
|Surface Treatment||Hot-dip galvanizing|
|Flat Steel Width||20 mm – 150 mm|
|Flat Steel Thickness||3 mm – 12 mm|
|Flat Steel Spacing||20 mm – 100 mm|
|Crossbar Spacing||50/100 mm|
|Flat Steel Shape||Flat row, toothed, I-shaped|
Features of Steel Grating Plate
2. High load-bearing capacity;
3. Strong anti-corrosion ability and durability;
4. Beautiful shape and bright surface;
6. Ventilation, good lighting performance;
7. Good heat dissipation, anti-slip, and explosion-proof;
8. Easy to install and fold.
Applications of Steel Grating Plate
Steel grating plate has been widely used in various industries due to their superior performance. The following are its specific applications for your reference.
3. Access floor;
4. Aerial pylon platforms;
5. Drainage ditch cover;
7. Road dividers;
8. External windows of residential houses;
9. Balcony guardrails;
10. Guardrails of highways and railroads, etc.
How to Make Steel Grating?
1. Arrange the flat bars and cross bars at a certain spacing.
2. Using 200 tons of hydraulic resistance welding automation equipment to weld them into original plates.
3. Finally, after cutting, opening, wrapping, and other processes to make the products required by customers.
At Wanzhi Steel, the center spacing of flat bars and cross bars of steel grating can be customized according to the customer’s requirements. In general, flat bar spacing of 30 mm, and 40 mm and crossbar spacing of 50 mm, and 100 mm are the most common specifications.
How to Choose the Right Steel Grating Plate?
Steel grating plate is available in many different sizes. The lightness and stability that can be achieved with different spacing sizes of the plates are different. Wanzhi Steel, as a professional steel grating manufacturer, provides some help for you. The following are the applicable occasions of different specifications of steel grating for your reference.
1. Formed by flat steel 65 mm – 200 mm wide and 5 mm – 20 mm thick welded steel grating: suitable for large parking lots, dock sites, road and bridge warehouse construction, etc. with strong load-bearing capacity.
2. Steel grating with 40 mm spacing: This kind of steel grating has the highest cost performance. It is one of the ideal choices for small-span occasions.
3. Grating with 60 mm flat bar spacing and 50 mm cross bars: commonly used in mining processing sites to prevent ore residue from splashing.
4. Steel grating with 30 mm flat bar spacing: This type of grating is the most widely used in the industrial field.
Service Life of Steel Grating Plate
The service life of a steel grating plate is mainly determined by the environment in which it is used and whether the surface zinc layer is damaged. The service life can be up to 100 years if it is outdoors in a relatively dry environment. If it is in a wet marine environment, it can reach 60 years. And in industrial applications, it can generally reach 30~40 years. However, the above figures are based on the premise that the zinc layer on the surface of the steel grating is not damaged by external forces.
Therefore, before purchasing you have to comprehensively evaluate the environment of your project and consider factors such as air humidity and ambient humidity. When communicating with the manufacturer, you should explain the anti-corrosion design requirements of the steel grating and determine the material of the coating. In this way, we can customize the steel grating for you according to your specific requirements.
Steel Grating Manufacturers
Wanzhi Steel is a steel grating manufacturer in China. We have more than ten years of experience in steel industry and have exported to dozens of countries. To meet the different usage needs of our customers, we have also introduced many different specifications for the steel grating we produce. You can choose according to your actual needs, or you can ask us for solutions. Besides steel grating plates, Wanzhi Steel also produces reinforcing mesh, welded wire mesh, hexagonal mesh, etc. If you are interested in our products, contact us now to get more details.