Construction Binding Wire
Popular Diameter: 0.7 mm-1.6 mm (#22-#16)
Surface Treatment: Black annealed; galvanized or PVC-coated
Types: Cutting wire; U-shaped wire; coil wire; loop tie
Construction Binding Wire
Construction binding wire at Wanzhi Steel is available in 26-6 gauge wire to meet different uses. The most popular wire size ranges from gauge 22 to gauge 18 (0.7 mm-1.2 mm). The binding wire in construction use is made from annealed steel wire, galvanized wire or PVC coated wire. It has great tensile strength, but it is flexible to cut, bend, or curl easily. Therefore, it is suitable for a broad variety of applications in construction, agriculture, and fencing. Welcome to contact us for more details!
Specifications of Construction Binding Wire
|Item||Construction Binding Wire|
|Material||Galvanized wire, annealed wire, PVC-coated wire|
|Wire Diameter||0.45 mm – 5 mm (#26-#6)|
|Popular Wire Size||Gauge 22 – gauge 18 (0.7 mm, 0.8 mm, 0.9 mm, 1.0 mm, 1.2 mm)|
|Tensile Strength||300-480 N/mm2|
|Types||Coil wire, U-type wire, cutting wire, loop tie|
|Coil Weight||10-100 kg/coil|
|Package||In coils or in spools, plastic film inside, and woven bag outside|
Remarks: The rebar binding wire often uses 18-22 gauge wire. While 22 gauge wire is only suitable for reinforcement bars with a diameter of less than 12mm. When the diameter of the rebar is greater than 25mm, 18 gauge wire will be better.
What Is Construction Binding Wire?
As its name implies, it is the tie wire used in construction and is often used to bind steel bars. It is also used for bundling and connecting various metal structures in the industrial and construction fields. Using binding wire aims to keep the reinforcement in position to avoid displacement of bars during concrete pouring. Also, it can keep the spacing between the steel bars.
The material for binding wire in construction is high-quality low carbon steel wire. By the way, you can also find galvanized reinforcing mesh on the market, which takes less effort to use.
Different Types of Binding Wire in Construction
According to Surface Treatment
According to the surface treatment, the construction binding wire can be divided into:
Annealed Binding Wire: The surface is black annealed with a bright surface. In order to prevent rust, it is applied anti-rust oil to maintain its service life. It is soft, durable, and elastic. Therefore, it can tie easily and strong enough so as to hold the joint in place.
Galvanized Binding Wire: It includes hot-dip galvanized wire and electro-galvanized wire. Covered with a zinc layer, the galvanized binding wire has a shiny and silver finish. Also, the zinc layer provides additional protection to prolong its service life. Generally, hot-dip galvanized binding wire has better corrosion resistance than electro-galvanized wire.
PVC coated binding wire: It is coated by PVC or PE coating so that it has excellent resistance to corrosion, dirt, oil, chemicals, UV rays, etc. Its service life is up to 12 years. Besides, it offers more color options, like green, black, yellow, white, etc.
According to Packaging
According to the packaging, there are coil wire, U-shaped wire, loop tie, and cutting wire.
1. Wire coil. It is the most common packaging type of steel wire. The coil weight ranges from 10 kg to 1,000 kg, which is easy to transport. Also, you can cut it into the desired size during use.
2. U-shaped wire. This kind of wire is perfect for binding threaded steel bars in the construction industry. In addition, it often uses 20# or 21# wire and the popular length is 250 mm to 600 mm. It can not only save manpower but also reduce waste.
3. Loop wire ties. We offer double loop tie wire and single loop tie wire. The former has two preformed loops, while the latter has one preformed loop and one straight end. The wire ties can quickly and securely tie bags, cables, rebar, and pipes.
4. Cutting tie wire. It is cut to a fixed length after straightening, which can be customized according to the specific requirements of customers. And it is easy to transport and use.
Benefits of Reinforcement Binding Wire
1. Easy to transport and operate – easily ship and use due to its lightweight and small size;
2. High tensile strength – helps to bind the knots without any breakage;
3. Flexible uses– fits the multiple applications;
4. Durable – can hold the bars in the proper position for a long time;
5. Corrosion-resistant – galvanized or plastic coating offers superior resistance to abrasion and water;
6. Ease of inspection – easily assessed by eye, and a simple testing method can be used.
Reinforcement binding wire combines flexibility and strength, making it popularly used in various industries and our daily life, for example,
The wires are largely used in construction sites for binding reinforcement slabs, beams, walls, columns, and so on. It helps in creating a reinforcement frame and holding it in place. In addition, they are helpful in building foundations, roads, bridges, dams, and more.
They are useful for supporting plants in vineyards and farms, such as grapes, tomatoes.
3. Making Fence
The binding wire is also the main material for the production of welded wire mesh and for the manufacture of barbed wire.
4. Daily Uses
It can be used to pack finished products, make ropes, cables, and small handicrafts. For more uses, you can consult our service personnel for details.
How to Use Tying Wire for Reinforcement?
1. The binding joints of the steel rebars shall be at the center and both ends shall be fastened.
2. The intersections of the steel bars on the vertical planes of the steel skeleton of the walls, columns, and beams should all be fastened. Besides, fasten all the intersections between the upper rebars, too. While the bottom reinforcement bars can be staggered and fastened at intervals except for the edge part.
3. The stirrup hooks of beams and columns and the welding points close to stirrups should be staggered longitudinally. And on the same surface, the area percentage of the butt welded joint of the welded closed stirrup should not exceed 50%.
4. The longitudinal reinforcement bars of the infill wall structural column should be bound together with the frame reinforcement.
5. The distance between the stirrups in the beams and columns, the horizontally distributed steel bars in the wall and the stirrups of the hidden columns, and the steel bars in the slab should be 50 mm from the edge.
How Many Binding Wire Are Required?
Generally, the weight of the binding wire is 1% of the total weight of the reinforcement bars. That is to say, you need 10 kg of tie wire per ton of rebars. But in reality, the binding wire needed for a ton of rebar varies from 8 kg to 13 kg. There are many factors you need to consider, for example,
1. Diameter of the reinforcement bars;
2. Position of the steel reinforcement used, such as beams, slabs, columns, walls, and foundations;
3. Installation spacing between the steel rebars;
4. Gauge and material of binding wire used;
5. Tying methods of binding wire;
6. Tying manually by hook or tying mechanically with tools;
7. Type of projects (like building, dam, bridge, railway, etc.).
As a steel tying wire manufacturer in China, Wanzhi Steel has a factory in Hebei Province. We offer a wide range of options from wire rod materials, specifications, surface treatment, to packaging. Our binding wire is highly used for tying applications in construction. It is also popular in our daily life, such as gardening, fencing, packaging, etc. Our binding wire for reinforcement has high ductility and strength, softness, and flexibility. Therefore, it is easy to work with but also strong enough. Except for quality products, Wanzhi Steel is also an experienced exporter. During the two decades, we have developed a multilingual sales team to serve clients all over the world. Welcome to contact us for an online or on-site visit to our factory!