Black Annealed Wire
Wire Diameter: 0.45 mm – 5.0 mm (#26 – #6)
Coil Weight: 10-800 kg or as per your requirements
Uses: Binding wire, making handicrafts and wire mesh, etc.
Black Annealed Wire
Black annealed wire, also known as soft annealed wire, is a popular choice for tying wire in the construction industry and home uses. It features good plasticity and high ductility, which is softer and smoother than common iron wire. As a professional manufacturer of steel wires, Wanzhi Steel offers 0.45 mm to 5.0 mm (gauge 26 to gauge 6) available in diameter. It uses Q195 low carbon steel as raw material and the daily production is about 50 tons. Welcome to contact us for more details!
Black Annealed Wire Specifications
|Item||Black Annealed Wire|
|Tensile Strength||350– 550 N/mm2|
|Diameter||0.45 mm to 5.0 mm (BWG 26 to BWG 6)|
|Coil Weight||10-800 kg (according to your requirements)|
|Uses||Binding wire, making handicrafts, weaving or welding wire mesh, etc.|
|Package||In coils or in spools. Plastic film inside and woven bag outside|
2. Bright and smooth surface;
4. Great versatility in uses.
At Wanzhi Steel, we offer a wide range of annealed iron wires, which offer smooth surface and uniform wire diameter. They are very widely used in industry, agriculture, farming, construction, transportation, mining, and other fields. It is also available in cutting wires or U-shaped wires. Generally, it is for baling, binding, and tying purposes. For example, it is used to bale branches and hay or as rebar binding wire, or packaging products. Besides, most wire mesh is made with low carbon wire and then be galvanized or PVC-coated to make it more corrosion resistant. The most popular size for grass trimmer is 16 gauge and 18 gauge black annealed wire.
What Is Dark Annealed Wire?
Annealed wire is a soft iron wire product made of low carbon steel through cold drawing, heating, constant temperature, heat preservation, and other processes. It is often packaged into coils, spools, or further straightened and cut into cutting wire, U-shaped wire, and so on. Let’s review the black annealed wire manufacturing process.
1. Roll a hot metal billet into a thick steel bar, that is, a wire rod.
2. After rust removal and pickling, the wire rods will be drawn into wires of different diameters through drawing equipment.
3. Cool down and anneal it at a high temperature. Then apply oil to prevent it from rusting before packaging for sale.
Advantages of Annealing Process
The quality of the annealed wire depends on the quality of the annealing process. Annealing is a process of heat treatment in which the metal is slowly heated to a certain temperature and held for a while and then cooled at a suitable speed. Below are the purposes of the annealing process:
(1) Reduce hardness and improve machinability;
(2) Eliminate residual stress and reduce deformation and cracks;
(3) To reduce the defects of material structure to improve its properties for further heat treatment.
Types of Annealed Wire
According to the techniques employed, annealed wires are available in different types:
Black annealed wire: Its surface is black in color, which comes from an anti-corrosive surface treatment after the annealing process. It is widely used in industrial and construction applications, including reinforcement binding wire, baling, and handcrafting.
Bright wire. Bright annealed wire is made of low carbon steel wire by wire drawing machine. It has a bright and smooth finish. It is mainly for binding and tying applications, as well as making hangers, umbrellas, wire meshes, baskets, etc.
Differences Between Galvanized Wire and Annealed Wire
1. Galvanized wire includes hot-dip galvanized wire and electro-galvanized wire due to different galvanizing processes. It is made of high-quality low-carbon wire rods through drawing, pickling, rust removal, high-temperature annealing, galvanizing, cooling, and other processes. Galvanized iron wire has good toughness and elasticity, and strong corrosion resistance. Besides, it has a sliver-color and shiny surface. It is popular in construction, highway guardrails, packaging, making handicrafts, wire meshes, and daily civil use.
2. Annealed wire uses Q195 low carbon iron wire as raw material. The process includes pickling, rust removal, drawing, and high-temperature annealing. It features strong flexibility and good plasticity. And its surface is black after painting anti-rust oil. It is mainly used as binding wire in various fields, such as rebar binding wire, handicrafts, making wire mesh, packaging, and daily civil use.
Does Black Annealed Wire Rust?
The answer is “yes”. The main drawback of annealed wire is that it is prone to rust. But the rust will not necessarily affect the strength of the wire. Besides, the black annealed wire is coated with anti-rust oil to make it more durable. You can also apply a zinc protective layer or PVC coating to the surface to prolong its service life.
Black Annealed Wire Factory
As a black annealed wire supplier in China, Wanzhi Steel has a factory in Anping County, Hebei Province. Except for soft annealed wires, we also manufacture woven and welded wire mesh products. There are more than 100 sets of advanced wire drawing equipment, wire mesh weaving equipment, and test instruments. Also, we have a fully automatic painting line. So we can also offer galvanized and PVC coated products. The annual production is more than 30,000 tons. Moreover, as a global trading company, we also developed a multilingual sales team to serve clients all over the world. Our products are popular in Southeast Asia, Europe, America, and other countries and regions. Welcome to visit our factory online or on-site.
Black annealed wire price ranges from 500 to 800 USD dollars. It mainly differs with the wire diameter, order quantity, etc. As a wholesale annealed wire supplier in China, Wanzhi Steel will offer the best discounts for bulk orders. You can choose according to your uses. Below are the common black annealed wire specifications for your reference. If you need help, please feel free to talk with us!
|Wire Gauge||SWG in mm||BWG in mm||Metric System mm|