Zinc Aluminum Alloy Wire
Zinc aluminum alloy wire is a new type of anti-corrosion material. It has the characteristics of strong adhesion, good wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. Compared with zinc wire and pure aluminum wire, it has stronger performance. Wanzhi Steel has many years of experience in the production of zinc aluminum alloy wire. In addition, we have a complete production line and production management system to ensure the quality of zinc aluminum alloy wire. If you are looking for this kind of metal wire for your project, you can contact us for more details.
Common Wire Gauge and Diameters Table
Zinc Aluminum Alloy Wire Composition Table
|Chemical composition（%）||Standard value||Measured value|
1. The zinc layer has strong adhesion and does not flake or crack easily.
2. Under the same conditions, zinc-aluminum alloy wire has a 5%-6% higher elongation than galvanized steel wire.
3. Strong adhesion and good construction performance.
4. Excellent corrosion-resistant properties.
5. Good abrasion resistance.
6. Long service life.
1. Used to prepare wire mesh, such as gabions, fences, poultry cages, etc.；
2. Bundling applications, such as bundling steel or bundling scrap；
3. Used in the transportation equipment and other surface sprayed zinc corrosion protection industries；
4. Besides, it can also be used in the petrochemical industry, port terminal, food manufacturing, and other industries.
Zinc Aluminum Alloy Wire Production Process
Do you know how it is produced? Here is the production process of it for your reference.
1. Alloy Preparation
Firstly, aluminum ingots are placed in the crucible. Next, after the aluminum ingot is melted, add the zinc ingot in a certain proportion. Wait until both are all melted and then stir well. Finally, add degassing agent for degassing refining for 5~10min.
2. Coarse Embryo Preparation
The coarse embryo preparation is carried out by a shock chain type horizontal continuous casting equipment, which uses the tension and relaxation of the drive chain to realize the stop-pull mechanism and finally the horizontal continuous casting. The process is to add the alloy liquid to the continuous casting furnace and maintain it at the specified level and temperature. Then the ingot drawing system is activated to draw out the rough embryo. After passing the inspection, the rough ingot will go to the next process.
3. Drawing Process
Drawing is the final process of transforming zinc aluminum alloy into a specific size of wire. First of all, the coarse embryo is added to the holding furnace for preheating. After a period of holding, they are drawn. Depending on the wire diameter, the number of pulls varies. For example, a wire with a finer wire diameter will be drawn more often.
Precautions When Transporting and Storing Zinc Aluminum Alloy Wire
The correct way of transportation will not damage the wire. Proper storage methods can make the wire last longer. Next, Wanzhi Steel will show you how to transport and store metal wire.
1. Before shipping, make sure that the wire is packed tightly to prevent it from being damaged due to bumping in transit.
2. It is forbidden to ship steel wire in packages and conveyances with acids, alkalis, salts, etc. that corrode zinc.
3. For storage, it should be placed in a dry, ventilated warehouse free of corrosive substances.
4. When stored outdoors, do not let it get wet by rain.
Wanzhi Steel is a well-established manufacturer of steel wire. The wire we offer is manufactured using advanced equipment and instruments to ensure that the composition of zinc aluminum alloy meets the requirements. The finished aluminum-plated alloy wire we produce has a bright and impurity-free surface and lasts longer. In addition, we have a team of professionals who can provide practical advice for your project. If you would like to know the price of zinc aluminized alloy wire or other wires such as galvanized wire or annealed wire. Feel free to contact us for a quote!