What Is Binding Wire?
Binding wire is also known as tying wire or tie wire. It is a kind of metal wire for bundling things in our daily life or for fixing or connecting metal structures in industry and construction fields. The common material is Q195 low carbon steel wire. It is widely used in toy factories, handicrafts, gardening, construction, highway guardrails, product packaging, and other uses.
Popular Wire Diameter
Wanzhi Steel offers a wide range of steel tie wires of gauge 6-24 in diameter. The most commonly used wire diameter include: gauge 21 (0.71 mm), gauge 20 (0.8 mm), gauge 18 (1.0 mm), gauge 16 (1.2 mm), gauge 14 (1.6 mm), gauge 12 (2.0 mm). The most popular tying wire for reinforcement is in size of gauge 21 (0.71 mm) and gauge 20 (0.8 mm). Welcome to contact us for more details.
Types of Binding Wire
According to the different surface treatment methods, there are:
1. Annealed steel tying wire. Black annealing treatment to provide a bright surface. Also, the annealed wire has good elasticity and flexibility. In order to prevent rust, you can apply anti-rust oil on the surface to maintain its service life.
2. Electro galvanized binding wire. Through electro-galvanizing, its surface is covered by a thin zinc layer, which makes it more corrosion resistant to prolong its service life.
3. Hot-dip galvanized tie wire. It refers to coating steel wire with zinc by immersing the metal in a bath of molten zinc at a temperature of around 450 °C. The zinc coating thickness can reach up to 300 g/m2. So it provides better corrosion resistance than electro-galvanizing.
4. PVC or PE coated binding wire. This product uses galvanized wire as raw material and then applies a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) coating on the surface. The PVC coating makes the steel wire resistant to dirt, oil, salt, chemicals, UV rays, etc. so that its service life is up to 12 years. Also, it offers more color options, like green, black, yellow, white, etc.
Besides, according to the different materials, it includes mild steel (MS) binding wire and stainless steel (SS) binding wire, etc.
MS binding wire uses low carbon steel as material. The plain steel wire is black. It is used for the purpose of tying applications in construction uses, such as for tying the rebars. In order to prolong its service life, it can be galvanized or PVC-coated. After galvanizing, it has a silver and smooth surface finish. Also, it has better resistance to corrosion.
SS binding wire uses grades of 304 and 316 stainless steel as material. It provides the highest grade of corrosion resistance compared to other wires. Also, its price is higher as well.
Common Wire Shapes
1. Cutting tie wire. As the name implies, it is straightened first, and then it is cut to a fixed length according to the customer’s requirements.
2. U Type wire. The U-shaped wire is ideal for binding steel rebars in the construction industry. Also, its length can be customized to better meet special projects.
3. Loop wire ties. It contains single-loop ties and double-loop wire ties. The former has one loop and one straight end. The straight end allows the wire to be pulled tight around irregular bundles. Double-loop wire ties have a loop on each end, which more suits large, heavy loads of uniform size. They are ideal for steel rebar tying, bagging, and bundling.
4. Steel wire coil. It refers to a coil of wire. That is, wires are packaged in roll, including electro galvanized wire, hot-dip galvanized wire, mild steel binding wire, and PVC coated wire. The coil weight ranges from 10 kg to 1,000 kg.
Package of Steel Binding Wire
Steel tying wires are often packaged with plastic film inside and woven bags outside. Wanzhi Steel also offers custom packaging options according to your needs.
As a leading steel wire supplier, we manufacture steel tie wire in a wide range of sizes and finishes that meet your requirements. If you are looking for steel wire in bulk, you can count on Wanzhi Steel. We will offer a factory-direct sale steel binding wire price!